Born to be mild. Brits are happiest at a surprisingly average 20 degrees Celsius.
Chilly winter weather can often have us day-dreaming about tropical heat but a new survey from Thomas Cook shows that we Brits actually feel happiest at a rather mild 20 degrees Celsius.
The survey simply asked, ‘at what temperature are you happiest?’ with a quarter of people opting for a fairly balmy 20 degrees mark. There were some other surprises in the results too. 7% of people are happiest at a sweat-inducing 35 degrees and 1% actually said they are happiest at a bracing 5 degrees – the average winter temperature according to Met Office data for 2016/17.
With a few months of winter weather still ahead of us in the UK, Thomas Cook has pulled together a handy list of destinations to help Brits plot out locations that mean they’re able to stay at their ‘happy heat’ all year round
- January – Mexico, Los Angeles
- February – Morocco, Lanzarote, Gran Canaria
- March – Tunisia, Ayia Napa
- April – Bodrum, Crete, Balearic Islands
- May – Sunny Beach, Montreal, Paris
- June – Amsterdam, Boston
- July – Vancouver, Lapland, Dona Paula
- August – Stockholm, Oregon
- September – Croatia, Calgary
- October – Cape Town, New York
- November – Texas, Algarve, Sicily, Ibiza
- December – San Antonio, Cyprus, Egypt
Where will you go to find your happiness heat? ☀